As the offseason gets underway, it is time to check in with Joseph Cervantes.
The Vaqueros enjoyed their most successful season in the club’s four year history in 2017.
The Boys in Blue claimed the NPSL Texas Conference regular season, the most wins and most points in team history.
With that in mind, here are 5 Big Questions with the Captain:
1. What are your thoughts on the 2017 season?
“This past season was a much needed 180 from seasons past. New coaches, new roster, hard work and a new attitude made this season successful.”
2. You received several honors including all NPSL third team, all region and all conference honors. What are your thoughts on the personal awards you received this year?
“I am very grateful to receive these awards and honored to be named among the best in the league. It’s always nice to get recognition but without my teammates and coaches pushing me, they would not have been possible.”
3. What will you do this offseason?
“This offseason I will continue to train and to help the Vaqueros off the field whether in the community or with tryouts. I have spoken with my agent and will be attending tryouts at higher levels.”
4. For the supporters that don’t know explain the nickname SWAT.
“Before I joined the Fort Worth Vaqueros, I was a Dallas sheriff for three years. During our first year I would show up to training or leave games in full uniform to start my shift.”
5. What kind of uniform do you want to see in 2018?
“I would like to have a diagonal stripe and a tribute to Panther City Hellfire.”
Tag(s): News Collector